Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tryouts

A few days ago I tried out for jazz band (drums-set player) I practiced for about two hours for it that week, and I have no clue how much before. I thought I did awesome except for when I had to play the drum part of the song "Don't Get Around Much Anymore." When I played it I messed up about seven times.

The next day when I got to school I checked the tryout results, and....................................................................................................................................................................... .............................................................................................................................................................................. I didn't make it. Who gives an eighth of a (edited by my family).

But on Friday I tried out for Advanced percussion (I'm in beginners.) To get into advanced percussion, I had to play all 12 major scales (Mrs. Taylor my percussion teacher had me play 3 though.) Then I had to play a few lines of a song on the Marimba (kind of like a zlylaphone). I messed up... twice. After the Marimba, I had to play a few lines of a song on the snare drum. I messed a little bit more in that but I still did awesome. After I auditioned, Mrs. Taylor told me that I was one of the few people who played dynamics (loud, soft, or in-between).

Tomorrow I am going to find out if I made it into advanced percussion, please please please wish me luck.

2 comments:

Monkey said...

I forgot to mention, if I don't make it in then I will probably cry.

mamasuisse said...

Congratulations on making it in!!! That drum set is almost in reach.