Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Symphonic Percussion

The coolest thing happened to me today. Today I was at school and went to percussion class at
second period, guess what. Apparently we were having Symphonic percussion try outs in class,
and I hadn't practiced the music at all. Uh oh, right. So in line, I quickly pulled out my bell kit
and started practicing along with most everyone else. I was able to get it down pretty well. By
the way, it was a new percussion class at Timberline, it just barely started this year. Well I went
in to audition, fearing the worst and tried my best. UNBELIEVABLY I MADE IT!!! I got fitted
for a tuxedo, and everything. Only about half my class made it and I was one of the luckiest
people, cause I got in... and I only practiced for ten minutes!!! Oh ya.

2 comments:

mamasuisse said...

You're sounding really good, especially when I'm sitting right under your bedroom in the kitchen. But if this means more drum practice time, then it's time to buy some earplugs!

Ann Mitchell said...

KEEP PRACTICING, MATT! BAND IS WAY FUN!!!
MISS MITCHELL